The fin design produces a tumbling movement which delivers a continuous gentle rolling of the product. This process ensures all muscle surfaces receive a uniform massage for consistent brine absorption and full protein activation throughout the tumbling process. The end result is a significant improvement in protein activation and binding. The fin design also offers easy unloading by reversing the drum direction once the tumbling process is complete.
The tumbler is equipped with a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) for batch automation and recipe management. The PLC controller is available in three different levels to match the user and process needs:
- The standard tumbler is shipped with a process controller that can store a number of recipes in an easy to use Siemens® HMI format.
- The mid-grade microprocessor controller configuration includes an upgrade to Rockwell Automation® controls with the addition of basic batch reporting, increased recipe storage, and an upgraded recipe management structure. Coolant temperature trend screens can be shown on the HMI, if applicable.
- The advanced PLC offers an upgrade to the features mentioned above with the addition of the DRM™ (Dynamic Recipe Management) system. This upgrade delivers the ultimate in process flexibility. The recipe management function is a modular design which allows the tumbler processes to be performed in virtually any order. This upgrade also includes unique features such as in-depth batch reporting and an option to email selected batch data to the production supervisor for process review. Direct recipe prompting ensures a consistent high quality/end product by delivering in-process communication instructions to the operator while the batch is running.
- Dry Spice Mixing
- Meat Massaging/Tumbling
STANDARD FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fully polished machine is standard – No bead blasting is utilized
- Optimized fin design for superior sanitation & massage.
- Small Footprint with on-board vacuum pump minimizes floor space
- SEW drum drive system – Globally Recognized
- Two drum openings for in-line loading and unloading
- Variable drum speed from 1 to 10 RPM
- Siemens® PLC with easy to use HMI for recipe development
- High performance Busch vacuum pump designed to offer continuous or interval vacuum delivery approaching 28 in/Hg (-950 mbar)
- Integrated in-line vacuum trap with liquid carryover isolation
- Attention to sanitary design includes sloped surfaces and no structural penetrations, reduces harmful pathogen growth and liquid pooling
- Custom fin designs and extra polishing available upon request
- Enlarged and additional cleaning ports
- Enlarged drum openings
- Manual or Automated swing arm door support
- “Dosing On The Run” ingredient addition
- Various foot designs available
- Load cell weighing system – integral or sub-frame mounted
- CO2 or LN2 Injection
- TCT (Temperature Control Tumbler) for Coating Applications
- Salt drying option for smoked meats
- Double jacket glycol defrosting
- CIP capable with cleaning ball
- Integral or external drum cooling systems
- Remote online access for troubleshooting assistance
- Control integration to upstream and downstream equipment available
- Upgrade to full Category 3 electrical controls
- Custom configurations are available upon request