The construction supports a gentle, yet effective, massage to consistently ensure the best tumbling process. The end result is a significant improvement in product quality, yield and profit.
The motorized tilting drum feature offers an easy way to load and discharge product into a standard 400 lb. Vemag cart or tote. Onboard continuous or interval drum vacuum also produces a higher product yield by eliminating air and unwanted foam that is created during tumbling.
The tumbler is equipped with a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) for batch automation and recipe management. The PLC controller is available in three different levels to match the user and process needs:
- The standard tumbler is shipped with a process controller that can store a number of recipes in an easy to use Siemens® HMI format.
- The mid-grade microprocessor controller configuration includes an upgrade to Rockwell Automation® controls with the addition of basic batch reporting, increased recipe storage, and an upgraded recipe management structure. Coolant temperature trend screens can be shown on the HMI, if applicable.
- The advanced PLC offers an upgrade to the features mentioned above with the addition of the DRM™ (Dynamic Recipe Management) system. This upgrade delivers the ultimate in process flexibility. The recipe management function is a modular design which allows the tumbler processes to be performed in virtually any order. This upgrade also includes unique features such as in-depth batch reporting and an option to email selected batch data to the production supervisor for process review. Direct recipe prompting ensures a consistent high quality/end product by delivering in-process communication instructions to the operator while the batch is running.
STANDARD FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Variable drum speed from 2 to 12 RPM
- Motorized tilting drum for easy loading & discharge
- Discharge height is compatible with 400 lb. Vemag Cart
- Busch vacuum pump – up to 28 in/Hg (-950 mbar)
- Continuous or interval vacuum with inline vacuum trap
- Industrial SEW drum drive system – Globally Recognized
- Siemens® PLC and HMI
- Heavy duty sanitary equipment casters
- Desktop type – No chassis or equipment casters
- Integrated load cell weighing system
- Upgrade to full Category 3 electrical controls for increased operator safety