The HT 520 Macerator improves binding and protein activation, increasing product yield and tenderness of whole muscle meat. Maceration also reduces tumbling time by increasing the surface area of the muscle and reduces cooking loss.
A (92) or (130) knife roller set with a pneumatic spring ensures quality incisions in uneven meat products. A variable speed SEW drive system will slice through products from 1/2 inches to 6 inches at a rate up to 22,000 pounds per hour with a belt speeds of 13-59 ft/min.
The knife roller sets are designed specifically for piercing, scoring, tenderizing and shredding. Proper knife selection will determine the quality of the end product. Linear scoring knives may be used where there is a visible need for increased surface area on poultry or pork. A patterned knife is used for perforated and deeper penetrations in poultry, pork, bacon, and beef which are less visible in the end product. The knife roller sets are also matched to the product by varying the knife pitch, pressure and speed for the best quality outcome without destroying the natural muscle structure.
The HT 520 Macerator can be configured with squeeze rollers to flatten the muscle to a uniform thickness before brine injection and/or after injection. Squeeze rolling before injection creates a more even end product. Using squeeze rollers after injection diffuses the brine pockets in the muscle. Squeeze rollers are available in grooved configurations (fine/rough/extra-rough) which allows for additional gentle tenderizing.
- Bone-In or Bone-Out Products
STANDARD FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- (92) or (130) knife roller sets
- 520 mm (20″) wide infeed conveyor belt
- Belt speed from 13 to 59 feet per minute
- 2 HP SEW drive system 480/240 volt 3 phase
- Distance between knife rollers -1/2” (min) to +6” (max)
- Quick removal of infeed conveyor belt for simple sanitation
- Tool-less knife roller and scraper removal for simple sanitation
- Rugged stainless steel frame with white non-marking casters
- Allen Bradley category 3 controls for operator safety
- German hardened stainless steel knives
- Knife roller bearing splash guards for high pressure sanitation
- (5) Knife configurations to pierce, score, tenderize and shred. Standard blades per knife (1, 10, 16, 24)
- (3) Squeeze rollers types: (fine/rough/extra-rough) product equalization / brine diffusion / tenderizing
- 1.5″ Sanitary fitting on conveyor pan to collect purge run-off
- Sanitation cart for infeed conveyor, knife rollers, and scrapers
- Elevated frame and work platform (up to 11 inches) for increased production height
- Automatic central lubrication system
- Feed table for improved product belt loading